Happy winter from the both of us! We have been making moves on the house as well as enjoying a fair amount of iceskating : )
One of our big goals was to have the windows in place before winter, which has been a year long progress between refinishing, reglazing and rehanging them! In addition to restoring the windows we also opened up windows that previously did not have actual windows in them. On the first floor we moved a window back to its original location on the house. The back looks much more balanced now that the window is in the right spot.
Above photograph is a before of the house. You can see the windows that were originally blocked and the one that was moved closer to the chimney.
What a difference already, having the two new windows in place on the front portion of the house! Cole is closing up the old opening in the photo above. We unearthed a sandpaper type covering under the original clapboard which is pretty cool.